FOR OUR HIGH SCHOOLERS
We provide guidance and support in the areas listed below.
GETTING TO KNOW OUR STUDENTS
- Engage parents and students to determine the academic, cultural, social and emotional needs of the student.
- Utilize assessments and questionnaires to enhance our understanding of the student’s capabilities and goals.
- Address any support needs that the student may require in college.
HIGH SCHOOL GUIDANCE
- Assist with course selection.
- Recommend extracurricular activities, including summer programs.
- Create individualized testing strategies.
- Advise students interested in Gap Year opportunities.
PAYING FOR COLLEGE
- Teach the basics of federal and institutional aid, merit scholarships, athletic scholarships, FAFSA, and the CSS Profile.
PREPARING TO APPLY
- Work with student to build a balanced list of colleges that he/she/they will apply to.
- Assist with resume creation as needed (academic, art, film, athletic).
- Assist with teacher/coach/mentor recommendations.
- Prepare student for interviews (admissions, faculty, alumni).
WRITING THE COLLEGE ESSAY
- Brainstorm topics; teach preferred structures for application essays; provide substantive feedback throughout the process; and proof-read the finished product.
- Create admissions strategy (e.g., ED, EA, Priority, RD).
- Teach students effective ways to present themselves through their applications.
- Assist with completion of all types of applications.
- Review and proofread before submission.
WHILE YOU WAIT
- Advise on deferral and waitlist issues.
- Help student select the college he/she/they will attend after all decisions are in.
- Provide advice on Gap Year opportunities.
TRANSITION TO COLLEGE LIFE
- What to expect when you arrive on campus and tips to help make it a great year!
“Terry combines a deep understanding of how to authentically present her client in the best possible light with a prowess for navigating the idiosyncrasies of each college’s admission process. She provided invaluable instruction that alleviated stress at every step in the admissions process, helping me build a roadmap, decide which schools to apply to, refine my essays, and stay ahead of deadlines. With Terry’s help, I was accepted into two of my top three reach schools and enrolled at my dream school.”
— Nino, Georgetown University ’24